Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Whats That Glowing On The Bed?

Last night Christopher and I got in the pool and had a good time. We swam, played and watched the helicopters go by. We went into the house, Zack was sitting with Mikie getting ready for bed. He about broke his neck to look over at me. I went over and scooped him up, sat and talked to him until he was bouncing all over and I put him to bed. When he goes to bed I lay him down, he will roll over away from me then roll back to look at me. He did this twice last night then he rolled over one more time and stayed, I walked out of his room, he was asleep.
Christopher brushed his teeth got ready and went to bed. He has a sudden case of afraid of the dark. Mikie has been giving him a glow stick sometimes. Last night was one of those times he got a glow stick, it was orange. He went back to bed with the glow stick. About this time I am cleaning the stove like I have never cleaned it before, steel wool and vinegar water works wonders on a glass top stove. Christopher must have came in the living room right as I was finishing cleaning. He had green glowing on his face, stomach, legs and hands. Mikie was yelling, I ran in to see what was going on. The lights were off in the living room and he was glowing away. I made sure I asked him if he had any in his mouth, he told me no at the time. I sent him to the tub and Mikie started his water. I looked in his room and his bed was glowing. I took off his sheet and blanket, the mattress was still glowing even tho the light was on. I told Mikie I would wash him if he would clean the mattress and put new sheets on the bed. I cleaned him from head to toe and made him brush his teeth again. I turned out the bathroom light to make sure we got it all off. He kept spitting like he had some in his mouth. As we put him to bed Mikie is telling him to not get up again while I was telling him to wake me up if his stomach started hurting or he felt funny.
We woke up this morning with no problems. Christopher said he was chewing on the end of the glow stick and that is how it got a hole in it. Most of the fluid was still in the glow stick so not to much leaked out, but it sure was a mess. Now I have to wash his bedding that was still glowing when I put it in the laundry room.
Mikie went out to his truck when Christopher got up out of bed the first time. He brought in a glow stick, I told Mikie he did not need it but he gave it to him anyways. Hate to say I told him so but I did when I was giving Christopher a bath. I so wish I would have taken a picture but I so did not think about it at the time.

1 comment:

The Jillybean said...

This sounds like something that would happen at my house, only my boy would have busted it just to see what was in it. And then rejoiced about everything glowing...and saying things like Cool! Awesome!